Thursday, March 16, 2006

10 points to get a job

Every working will have this, this is the key area to get the job and able to negotiate. Sometimes it screw your search. do you what I am writing about? yes it is resume. I found few points through web page which is a Ctrl-C&V

1. Put your experience first. It counts for far more than your educational background. If you don't have professional experience, write about the projects that you've done on your own time. Be detailed, and be specific. And if you have no professional experience, and you haven't done any projects on your own, dammit, do some. Show a little initiative.

2. Include contact information. Put your name, your address, your phone number, your email address, your fax number, your brother's fax number, and the name of the grocery store where you shop. Give them a way to get in touch with you. You would be amazed, truly AMAZED at how many resumes I have seen over the years that did not have anything but a name. No address, no phone number, nothing.

3. About your name... Well, even though I just told you to put it on your resume, exercise some common sense if you have one of those wacky names. For example, if your name is "Dick Hare," you really ought to think about going by "Richard."

4. Don't use clip art pictures of little dancing elves on your resume. The use of pictures of flying monkeys is also generally frowned upon.

5. Don't use stupid fonts. I hate those damn "ye merrie olde england" fonts. Trust me, everyone who reviews resumes all day long hates screwy fonts.

6. Don't add things to your resume unnecessarily. For example, if you were creating a list of some sort, it would be a bad idea to add something goofy just so that you had a list of ten things instead of a list of nine. I would never do that. Really. I swear.

7. Don't put your naked picture on your resume. That is, don't do it unless you are a gorgeous, nubile adult female. And even then, you have to be careful about not misusing it. In fact, it's really difficult to gauge when this is appropriate. I'm probably the only person who knows how to tell. Therefore, the only way to really know whether or not your naked picture should be on the resume is to send it to me, and I'll, uh, let you know. Yeah, that's what I'll do. I'll, uh, review it.

8. Proofread, poofread, poofread. Be sure to catch and correct all spelling errors, grammatical weaknesses, unusual punctuation, and inconsistent capitalization. Proofread it numerous times. And yes, I know that "proofread" is misspelled twice in this paragraph. It's a joke. I'm a funny little bastard.

9. Don't use those accent mark thingies. Sure, I know that the word "resume" is supposed to have one of those little marks over the final "e," but that is a pain in the ass, and not only do I not want to put it there myself, I kinda resent the fact that anyone else would put it there.

10. Don't say that you are looking for "an easy job which won't require bathing."
Thanks : www.i386.info

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...